Styland began as a small trading company. Having successfully weathered the storms of the past few decades including the stock market crash in 1987, government’s macro-control over economic policies in 1994, financial crisis in 1997, burst of the dot-com bubble in 2000, SARS outbreak in 2003 and impact of the most recent financial tsunami in 2008, Styland has flourished into a successful conglomerate that has the shares of its holding company Styland Holdings Limited listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited since 1991.
|1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
- During its early development, Styland merely acted as an agent for various manufacturers, assisting customers to place factory orders in order to earn commissions as profit.
- With the gradual growth of its financial strength, Styland began ordering goods on its own and commenced its import, export and re-export business.
- Back then, Styland spotted potential markets in Eastern Europe, including Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, former East Germany, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, the Soviet Union and other countries. To capture business opportunities in those markets, Styland adopted a two-pronged strategy to attract customers and business. On one hand, Styland visited foreign customers to maintain cordial business relationships; on the other hand, Styland participated in exhibitions organized by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council to develop new markets and expand its customer base.
- After years of well-targeted strategic marketing, Styland gained support from an abundance of Eastern European customers. In response to customers’ demand, Styland kept evolving and diversifying its product lines which mainly comprised of electronic products, kitchenware, toys and sundries.
- Styland set up offices in Southeast Asia including Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand and Guangzhou to procure a variety of products for re-export to the Eastern European countries. In Eastern Europe, Styland was focused on promoting its two brands “Stylandia” and “Kalomex”. As a result of the Group’s strong marketing efforts, “Stylandia” and “Kalomex” became two of the most popular brands in Eastern Europe.
- Styland established a sweater factory in Myanmar to enjoy the advantage of quota-free exports of sweaters to Europe and the United States.
- Styland began making real estate investments.
- On 5 December 1991, the shares of Styland Holdings Limited, the Group’s ultimate holding company, were officially listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited under the 0211 stock code.
- Styland invested in a production plant for manufacturing consumer products, and concurrently, made headway in real estate ventures in China.
- The Group distributed the "Haizhu" brand of mineral water and other food products in Hong Kong.
- The Group developed the real estate project named "City in City" in Zhongshan, China, which spans over an area of approximately 358,000 square feet.
- The Group made considerable advancements in the Hong Kong stock market and enhanced its real estate business.
- Ever-Long Holdings Limited (the Group's wholly-owned subsidiary) focuses on securities brokerage and financial businesses.
- The Group invested in expressways in China, and constructed and operated National Highway 318 in Wuhan.
- The Group clearly classified its major businesses into four main segments: (i) securities brokerage and financing, (ii) property investment and development, (iii) general trading and others (iv) infrastructure development and operation.
- In the early 2000s, in order to vitalize Hong Kong’s economy, the former Chief Executive of Hong Kong, Mr. Tung Chee-hwa called on enterprises in Hong Kong to make investments in hi-tech industries. In response to such initiative, the Group invested in the hi-tech sectors such as comprehensive websites etc.
- The Group made strategic investments in industries with high potential encompassing environmental projects and the beauty business.
- The Group expanded its trading business to consumer goods including food and electronic products.
- The Group invested in the domestic hi-tech sector, developing intelligent transport systems and using the Global Positioning System to provide traffic information for business organizations in Mainland China.
- Due to the rapidly growing demand for fund raising activities from corporate clients in Mainland China, the Group has strengthened its sales and marketing the by launching a new website to promote its online securities trading services to its China target market, thus expanding the customer base for its brokerage and lending business.
- In addition to Hong Kong properties, the Group also invested in a number of high quality real estate in Shenzhen, Beijing, and as far as Bulgaria etc. The total area of real estate invested by the Group had exceeded 1 million square feet.
2010 to Present
Due to the mature Hong Kong property market, the Group, in 2011, implemented its strategic plan by offering its mortgage financing service to obtian a higher return for its surplus funds.
Stock Connect Participant
Since the launch of the Stock Connect in November 2014, the Group’s brokerage arm Ever-Long Securities Company Limited has become one of the market participants that is allowed to provide brokerage services for the Stock Connect transactions.
New Office in Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province, China
In 2014, a representative office has been set up in Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province, China to facilitate the development of the Group’s financial services business in Mainland China.
Commencement of Asset Management Business
Since June 2015, the Group has commenced its asset management business as our wholly owned subsidiary Ever-Long Capital Management Limited was granted the license to carry out asset management activities for retail and corporate clients in the Hong Kong market.
Expanded our Property Portfolio
The Group added new properties to its property portfolio with the addition of the Far East Consortium Building commercial property in Central, Hong Kong and the Ocean View Lodge residential property in Sai Kung, New Territories, Hong Kong.
With the SFC's approval since June 2016, the Group has been able to provide our clients sponsor service in application for listing of securities on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
From 2010 to present, the Group continued to act as the underwriter, co-manager and placing agent for a number of new IPOs that were launched into the Hong Kong market.